The ultimate URL Rewrite module for IIS
IIS Mod-Rewrite is a powerful, high quality professional URL rewriting tool for IIS. It rewrites URLs on the fly by using flexible custom rules and helps web developers and webmasters get the most out of their web applications.
It is ideal for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), redirecting or proxying requests, blocking undesired traffic and much more.
IIS Mod-Rewrite installs like breeze on your server and you can configure its numerous features through an easy-to-use, yet powerful control center.
The new version 4 is based on the unparalleled stability of its predecessor's core engine and it comes with full native IIS 7 / IIS 8 support and dual 32/64bit operation on IIS 7 / IIS 8.
100% mod_rewrite compatible
IIS Mod-Rewrite is 100% compatible with Apache mod_rewrite, implementing all its features.
Rewrite configurations can be migrated from IIS to Apache, and vice versa, painlessly, by just doing a copy.
What can I do with IIS Mod-Rewrite?
- Make a website Search Engine friendly. See example
- Use Search Engine Friendly URLs on popular cms, blogs, and forum applications. See article
- Rewrite filename extensions or entire URLs on the fly. See example
- Block direct links to my image files (or other files) from other sites. See example
- Database driven url rewriting. See example
- Block annoying robots. See example
- Deny access for a specific list of hosts. See example
- Handle load balancing on a cluster of web servers. See example
- Serve different files for different browsers. See example
Top reasons for choosing IIS Mod-Rewrite:
- 100% compatible syntax and behavior with Apache mod_rewrite. Read more about compatibility.
- No need to purchase extra licenses for development use. Unlimited localhost usage without need for activation.
- Uses regular expressions for compact and rich configuration.
- Supports per-server, per-virtual host, per-directory, and .htaccess configuration (the last two configuration scopes are supported only by IIS Mod-Rewrite Pro edition).
- Works as native module on IIS 7 and IIS 8.
- Dual concurrent 32/64bit mode on 64bit IIS 7 and IIS 8.
- One-click online update mechanism and rollback capability through version archive management.
- Override configuration (.htaccess) management that increases webmaster's productivity (pro version only).
- Fine tune your configurations by using the regular expression tester.
- Expand the URL rewriting capabilities by using external programs (RewriteMap prg:)
- Very high performance rewriting engine, written with highly optimized C++ code.
- Web hosting providers can easily manage which websites can use IIS Mod-Rewrite and free server resources for the rest of websites.
- Diagnostics tool for quick and effective troubleshooting by the support team.
- Textmap file to hash database (RewriteMap txt: to dbm:) conversion tool.
- Increased stability against external programs.
- Extended directive set for configuring, overriding, and deploying engine settings up to site level.
Read more about IIS Mod-Rewrite